This post started out with five reasons and I just couldn’t stop.
My passion for aromatherapy has really skyrocketed since I started using Young Living essential oils. I not only smell the difference, but I feel a difference. Wearing aromatherapy jewelry has taken it to a whole other level of obsession.
I’ve had my diffuser necklace for about three months now and my only regret is that I didn’t get one sooner. I wear it as often as possible, change the insert (felt, cork, leather, and other fabrics work) and oils according to my mood, my energy level, and whatever essential oil is my current obsession (Frankincense at the moment).
About the only time I don’t wear it is while working (as a massage therapist). We all like different scents and have different emotional needs/scent memories and I don’t put mine ahead of my client’s during their session.
Here are 13 reasons you NEED a diffuser necklace and my thoughts on what to put inside.
- Because Peppermint Essential Oil puts a little pep in your step and you might just make it to the gym today.
- Because gray skies are easier to ignore thanks to the aromatic effects of citrus oils such Lemon, Grapefruit, and this amazing blend called Citrus Fresh.
- Because you’re kinda stinky today…Patchouli.
- Because the line at the grocery checkout is SO long and maybe a little Peace and Calming will chill you out.
- Because work/coworkers…maybe try White Angelica to clear the negative energy.
- Because you LOVE Christmas Season and want to smell like it.
- Because your entire extended family will be there and it’s gonna get crazy. Try Lavender or Sandalwood
- Because you have teenagers in your house…Stress Away.
- Because you’re dealing with some emotional stuff right now and can use all the help you can get…Trauma Life, Sacred Frankincense. (Hang in there. This too shall pass.)
- Morning sickness is not fun…and everything smells weird when you’re pregnant. Try DiGize, Ginger, or Peppermint.
- Because synthetic fragrance is something you know you don’t want in your life.
- Because using the power of scent to affect your limbic system (within your brain and controls emotion and hormones) is totally awesome.
- Because you love your diffuser and your oils and want to take them everywhere! (Like me!)
If you’re wondering where to get diffuser jewelry, there are lots of online options. I try to keep them in stock at my studio. Also, I’ve heard that you can find them at craft fairs.