In my home, we go through a lot of essential oils. On any given day oils are a part of my morning routine, sometimes my lunch, my afternoon pick-me-up, post-workout self-care, my jewelry (aromatherapy), and more. Here are my current favorites and some easy ways to incorporate them into your life.
- Lavender – a member of the mint family, it is my most favorite scent and I add a few drops to massage oil, to unscented face and body lotion, diffuse it to create calmness and promote happiness, apply to scars/burns, and put a few drops on my wool dryer balls to lightly scent my laundry.
- Peppermint – Ah, the most refreshing oil of all…I use this anytime I feel nauseated or have an upset tummy, diffuse it alone or with other oils such as lavender or R.C. to energize me, rub a drop between my hands and inhale to open sinuses and bronchi, and add a drop to a smoothie to make it a peppermint “shake.”
- Frankincense – is an essential part of my skin care routine and I wear it as perfume, diffuse it, and add it to my diffuser necklace or bracelet.
- Lemon – is amazing in tea, added to tuna salad, pasta, and it’s scent is so uplifting and joyful.
- Oregano – I like to put a couple of drops in empty gel capsules and take this as an immunity booster before bed and I find it very comforting.
- Tea Tree – I apply this to my feet and any little skin issue.
- Lime – I just can’t get over how a couple drops of lime e.o. will transform regular salsa, guacamole, or other recipes into something so fantastic that words do not adequately describe the pleasure.
- R.C. – I rub a drop between my hands and apply to my throat and chest when I’m congested, I diffuse this next to my bed anytime I feel a scratchy throat or sinus thing coming on, and I add this to bathwater to make it feel like my own private spa.
- Copaiba – this little baby is like having a secret weapon to improved wellness and I like to take it internally in capsules.
- Thieves – I saved one of the very best for last – I take this internally by adding a drop or two to homemade capsules, by adding a drop to oatmeal, or one drop to a spoonful of raw honey, diffuse it for a warm, spicy, comforting scent, and I clean my entire house with Thieves Household Cleaner because it’s a powerful cleaning product without the toxic chemicals.
Finding new ways to improve life and make the ordinary into something special is such a great feeling. Adding essential oils into my daily life has brought me so much joy, purpose, and abundance. I am loving this oily journey and I hope I’ve inspired you to try something new? From here, the sky is the limit!
P.S. Most of these oils come in Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit in case you’re looking for an easy way to get started.